march 17

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Preparing lessons

As Don and I begin lesson planning for the coming semester, we always try to add some new and creative lessons. As I begin to develop lessons for student council this year, I decided to choose some key quotes and themes for some of the leadership lessons.

It seems that contention is an every day part of teenage life. Often, these students can't find the time/method/patience to forgive each other for their wrongdoings and weaknesses. Since these students work together so often they behave like bickering brothers and sisters, their drama sometimes effects how well class runs or how well an event proceeds.
I found a quote that will especially appeal to my leaders who often have strong personalities and strong opinions. It comes from Mahatma Gandhi and I think I will use it: "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." Ponder that one.

And for those committee chairs who constantly complain that no one will do what they ask, I found this one by Robert McNamara: "Brains, like hearts, go where they are appreciated."

No comments:

Post a Comment