I stayed pretty quiet for most of the time she was here, but we did take a car ride up to Cave Creek to look around at some Arizona artifacts. Frontiertown had a cool jewelry shop called The Happy Hogan. Don bought me a really beautiful lapis ring there.
Christmas Eve brought our second annual talent show. This year, Gramma read a story from India with a moral, I showed everyone how to post to the blog, Brooke sang a Taylor Swift song, Brandon rapped a song that he will be performing in the school play, Hansel and Gretel, Tyler played the saxophone, and Don sang the Eric Church song, I Love Your Love the Most. Don's song was so moving that I forgot to take pictures of the talent show. When you look into those brown eyes that are normally so jovial and see the love there, you feel like the most important person in the entire world. It just reminded me of how much I love him. Aahh....I know pure mush, but hey, I don't do that very often!
Santa visited our home! He was very electronic oriented this year! Almost everything the kids received was connected in some way to electronics. Before we opened gifts though, we followed another tradition. We watched a church video that was on the BYU channel about being kind to others and remembering the true meaning of Christmas. Instead of donuts this year, we were treated to ButterBraids and chocolate milk. MMMMM!!!! Then, we headed off to open stockings.
The grandparents were very thoughtful this year as well! Grandpa Jim and Nana sent the coveted iTunes gift cards. That brought hours of fun discussing which songs to download. They had to compare lists so they didn't duplicate any songs. Then, they had to run the lists by mom and dad for appropriateness. I only censored one song! Good job kids.
Gramma Nita was thinking outdoors this year. Each McAdams grandchild received a new sporty backpack or fanny pack that was full of fun (as well as practical) items for camping/hunting/hiking. Very appropriate for our family!
Papa and Nana sent money that purchased BEATLES ROCK BAND for the family. I knew my kids liked music, but to see them all rocking out at the same time is pretty sweet. Stay tunes for more photos of their musical performances.....
No comments:
Post a Comment