march 17

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Brooke shot a tom

Brooke is so excited. She shot a twenty pound tom with a nine inch beard. I guess it was one of the biggest on record. She got her picture taken and everything. She is such a stud! She got out and chased it down in the forest, calling it on her call through the trees. It stopped and started dancing around to the mating call and then she got it. Her next big hunt is bull elk in October. The boys and I have had a good time here, but we can't wait for our hunters to come home!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see some pics of that kill!!!! So glad her and Don have that bond! Oh, the good ol' days with me and the bro! LOL! Hope all is great with you guys! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, too. Can't wait for all of our kids to hang out this summer. Is your hair still long? Trying to decide if I should cut mine.....Don might kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm a schmuck! I just now was reading your comment about hair! lol I never check your comments for comments to me...or whatever!! Yes, my hair is still long. I'm not sure if I will cut mine. I have been flirting with the idea for this vacation for a while. Doubt I will though. Might change my mind when I get there!!! lol

    ReplyDelete