Wow. What an amazing week. I have to say that this was one of the best homecoming weeks we have had since I have been at Apollo. Even though the economy is down and many of our students suffer financially, our students came out to the events in droves with tons of school spirit. Here is a quick run down of our week:
Monday: Clown Day (pretty interesting outfits appeared at school)
Tuesday: Circus Animal Day and our amazing carnival!! We got Steve Matfeldt's carnival company back after six years of trying to book them. They are so professional and run a spectacular carnival. It looked like the fair when you came around the bleachers onto the baseball/softball fields. We had five hard rides, a bouncy, over 25 booths, professional carnival games, a mobile game trailer, and tons of food.
Wednesday: Siamese Twin Day and the fourth annual dodgeball tournament.
Thursday: Circus Freak Day (students were so creative!!) and final floatbuilding
Friday: We were at Apollo at four a.m. to decorate for The Greatest Show on Earth assembly. We built a giant tent in the gym twenty feet tall. We had a great assembly. Then, before parade, the seniors and I went to lunch at Chili's. Then, we had the best parade. We had over 26 vehicles in the parade. It is getting so large. Every class float was amazing. Key Club even built a float this year. Councilman Lieberman from the City of Glendale was our grand marshall again. Right after the parade was the tailgate. Seniors made a great profit. They had to run to the store twice to get more food. Then, we sold t-shirts and dance tickets until the halftime show. Tabetha and Dylon won Queen and King.
Saturday: We decorated and prepared for the dance from 7:45 a.m. until 3 p.m. and then the committee and Don and I were back at school at six thirty to open up for the dj and the photographer. The dj didn't bring enough lights, so thank goodness I had Don there to run to Home Depot to buy five flood lights for the dance floor. I am so glad it is finally over and was a great success!! I wish I had pictures, but I was so busy running around, I didn't have a chance to take any!!!!!!
Sounds intense... and you say you're getting bored?
ReplyDeleteI forgot to add the sweet fireworks at halftime of the football game and the fact that we won! I also forgot that we added a door and hallway decorating contest. Mr. Coen's (!!) and Mr. Coburn's classes won for best door. The seniors won for the best hallway.
ReplyDelete