Tuesday, April 6: Went out to dinner at Appleby's with Joie, Cristi, Jillian, Jaryn, and Allison. I had a super time and got some awesome gift cards.
Wednesday, April 7: Went out with all the above, plus Amy! She flew in from Nebraska. We went to Chili's and then to the Achievement Above All ceremony at the district.
Thursday, April 8: My dad cooked by my FAVORITE dish at his house and my stepmom made me my favoirite cake (angel food).
He cooked for me! We had chicken and artichoke hearts. Yum!!! 
Friday, April 9: (My actual birthday) I went out with my family (courtesy of my boss, Mrs. Maland) to Appleby's for dinner. That same day, I had a surprise party during lunch from my friends at work, student council decorated my room and put up a marquee,

and Amy came in at lunch! I received lots of cards, candy, beautiful flowers and even an azalea bush from Amy to plant at home. My students and colleagues were very generous. Former students Mike and Chris stopped by to give their regards.
Saturday, April 10: I went shopping with some of my gift cards...just Don and I. What a treat! I got books at Barnes and Noble, looked at make-up at Ulta, shopped scrabooking stuff at JoAnn's, and went to JcPenney to find new jewelry. Wow. What a fun day. After shopping, one of my past presidents, Brandon Williams, dropped by to say happy birthday to me.
The amazing part of it all is that friends weren't finished with me yet! This past Friday night, I went out to dinner with my friends Corey and Heather Staheli and then went shopping again Sat with gift cards at Bath and Body. I feel very spoiled and grateful for all the generousity shown to me this year. Sometimes it shocks me how much the little things mean. I know that spiritual gifts are so much more important than material ones, but just that fact that people take the time to say "I love you", "happy birthday", and "go pick something out you like" means a lot to me. I still have not eaten my annual birthday dinner of King Crab legs, but another one of my friends gave me a gift card to do just that this week! Gratitude has been the word of the month for me. I express it as often as I can to my Heavenly Father for all He gives me. I really felt loved and appreciated these past two weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment