march 17

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Amy's visit

We had a blast during Amy's visit! Unfortunately, we were always running around so much, we never took pictures! Tuesday night, we had a girl's night at Appleby's. Have you ever wondered how just a simple 5 dollar happy hour appetizer, a big table and close friends can be so fulfilling?

Wednesday, we headed to the new and improved (purchased by an Austrailian company??) Wet n Wild water park. We spent hours in the wave pool bodysurfing. They had amazing slides, but the best part of all was just Don, me, Amy and Shannon floating down the lazy river on rafts. We were hooked together for over an hour just floating and catching up. Brooke, Tyler, Brandon, Nick, Nolan, and Carson went on the cool tornado ride. To top off the day (well maybe not for Don) we went to Old Navy's clearance sale for a little school shopping....only forty-six, YES forty-six, dollars later, I had about seven outfits for the kids for school. I love bargain shopping. At 8 that night, we sniff sniff, waved good bye to Don, the other coaches, and the Greenway football team as they headed to Whitter College, Huntington Beach, and Knott's Berry Farm. He gets home soon thank goodness!

Thursday, we had a sick puppy so Brooke volunteered to stay home with him while the boys and I met Amy and the Opitz family, the Olshans, Joie, and Sunny and Tom at Chuck E Cheeses. Wow, that restaurant has been around since I was little. The sound of tokens jingling out of the register still gives me goosebumps, but I refrained and let the boys spend 100 tokens! We drove by the new house and showed everyone. And then, the unthinkable happened....it rained!! Wow. It rained so hard that streams were flowing down 39th avenue!

Friday, Amy left for home in Nebraska...see you in October. The kids and I watched Remember Me with Robert Pattinson. I didn't know it was going to end with September 11th. I enjoyed the film. What do you think?

Have a great week...two weeks until school starts:)

1 comment: