march 17

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Celebration thoughts

Many of the former Teachers of the Year approached me during the media blitz and gave me advice. Most of them told me to go home and journal about everything so I could look back and remember this day. The moment I found out I had won, I was filled with an overwhelming sense of gratitude for all the people who have supported me throughout the last ten years. Present at my luncheon were: Vicki Johnson, school board member, Dr. Jennifer Johnson, superintendent of Glendale Union High School District, Jim Threadgill, assistant superintendent and former principal (he hired me), Brian Capistran, assistant superintendent and former principal(promoted me to English department chair and major motivator), Susan Maland, current principal (she nominated me and is a huge supporter as well), Tami Strege, English curriculum and instruction coordinator, Dan Streeter, former assistant principal of operations and resources and a key figure in my career,and of course, members of my family, the most important people I know. I was so grateful to my Heavenly Father that I was able to keep composure and express to over 500 people my gratitude for the people who love, support, encourage, and motivate me. I have many wonderful examples in my life.

Two days later, Don threw an open house for me/all teachers to celebrate this accomplishment. I was so touched by the attendance. Dr and Mr. Johnson came, Ed and Mona Barnes (assistant principal), John Pierzchala (former assistant principal), Michael and Laura Fowler (former assistant principal and current assistant superintendent), Clydene and Cliff Balke, Beth Ransom and her husband, Mike, Sue and Paul Maland, Karen Haugan, Lindsey Peterson and her son, Rex, KJ, Britt, Ciara, and Jace, The Barsness family, Joie, Jillian, and Jaryn Eddings,

No comments:

Post a Comment