It has been a crazy couple of weeks. On Tuesday, January 13, Don was driving with the boys in our Kia van on their way to Boy Scouts. I was still at Brooke's basketball game. We received a call from Don telling us that we had to come find him immediately, as he was stranded on the side of the road. When Brooke and I arrived, my dad and stepmom were already on the scene making sure the boys were okay. While driving, the tire on the Kia exploded, sending the van fishtailing across the road. Luckily, a trucker was behind Don. He put on his flashers and slowed traffic until Don could get control of the van and safely manuever it to the side of the road. The explosion was so strong that it ripped part of the door off the van as well as crumpled the quarter panel above the tire. Scary!! Luckily, everyone was okay. The van just got finished in the body shop Friday and we will be going to pick it up tomorrow. This is the third major issue we have had with wheels/tires on this vehicle. Rather fishy if you ask me.
That is not the end of the tale. The next morning after the explosion, Don left at six fifteen a.m. to pick up a prescription for Brooke. We found out that she has sports induced asthma and needs a rescue inhaler in order to safely play basketball. On his way out in the pitch dark ( there is no streetlight for several houses in either direction), he backed into the bumper of the next door neighbor's daughter's boyfriend. He had parked behind our bush, facing the wrong direction, about a foot or more from the curb. His car was almost impossible to see. So, we are also waiting for that car to get fixed. For someone who has never had a car accident, the last two weeks have been rather traumatic for Don. Luckily though, it has gone smoothly so far and no one was hurt.
PUPPY UPDATE: We have sold all of the puppies except the boy so if you know of anyone who wants a boy, let us know.
OMG, I am so glad everyone is okay! Hang in there Don. Good luck with the asthma Brooke, I'm glad you found out what it was and that it can be managed, I hope you have a great season!
ReplyDeleteTake care all of you, Michele
Maybe your van is a lemon or something? I think I will stick to my GM cars. Are you going to drive that cross country this summer??
ReplyDeleteFreaky.After that experience I think the Kia would have to go..:)